What Do I Do If I Encounter Allergic Reactions?
All of our Paula’s Choice products are entirely well documented. The ingredients of each product are clearly listed via the product page; be sure to check against this list to ensure that the product is safe for use.
Some Necessary Troubleshooting:
If sensitisation occurs such as redness, flaking, tenderness, or drying of skin:
- These are not necessarily allergic reactions. Sometimes, your skin might not be immediately ready for products with strong actives (e.g. BHA, AHA, Retinol, Vitamin C), and starting off these products only 1-2 times a week will help to acclimatise skin to these ingredients.
- It is possible that you might have selected products that are not actually suitable for your skin. Consult with one of our friendly skincare experts via our LiveChat function on Paulaschoice.sg (bottom left) to get answers to all your skincare concerns before making a purchase. Our experts are available from 11.30am to 8.30pm, Mondays to Fridays.
- It’s important when experiencing these symptoms to isolate the usage of products in your routine and reduce the frequency of use; you might be allergic to only one product, or to a combined application of products, and not to the products themselves.
- When using treatment products with strong actives (E.g. our 1% Clinical Retinol Treatment) for the first time, apply a layer of your favourite Paula’s Choice hydrating serum or night moisturiser (E.g. our Omega+ Complex Series), before applying your treatment.
- If sensitization persists, do take pictures of the skin reactions you’re facing and discontinue use. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a detailed description of your experience, and provide us with the batch code of your product as well (usually at the bottom of bottle or top of tube).
If you have experienced an allergic reaction and would like to return or exchange a product, please fill in our Returns Form below and provide all necessary medical certification and pictures. Our customer support team will review your request to help find an appropriate solution.